.

Monday, March 18, 2019

The Eight Essential Steps to Conflict Resolution Essay -- essays re

&65279The book that I chose to read for my book review was, The cardinal Essential Steps ToConflict Resolution by Dr. Dudley Weeks. The reason I chose to read a book on conflict solvent was to further improve my skills at avoiding and dealing with problems. Because Ifeel that a somebody truly shows their character not when things are going well hardly when thingsbegin to go bad. And having the ability to deal with those problems strengthens one as a person.Dudley Weeks, PH.D. is widely commended as one of the worlds leaders in conflictresolution. He lives in Washington, D.C., has worked in over sixty countries and has counseledthousands of businesses, families, and communities in the United States. Dr. Weeks has twicebeen nominated for the Noble Peace Prize. Dr. Weeks is now teaching method conflict resolution at theAmeri butt University School of International armed service and gives workshops throughout the world.Dr. Weeks basically tears conflict resolution into eight qual itys. The head start step is to create aneffective atmosphere. The second step is to clarify perceptions. threesome is focus on individual and shared needs. Fourth is build shared positive power. Fifth is look to the future, then learn fromthe past. Sixth is dedicate options. Seventh is develop Doables. And the last step is makemutual service agreements. Dr. Weeks also touches on topics such as handling anger, dealingwith batch who only want things their way, and dealing with conflicts that involve an injustice.The first step is well-nigh Creating an Effective Atmosphere. Creating an effectiveatmosphere is a very burning(prenominal) step in the conflict resolution process. It is more likely for mutualagreements be reached when the atmosphere is given careful consideration. When thinking aboutatmosphere cerebrate these ideas personal preparation, timing, location, and lastly openingstatements. Personal preparation is doing all you hobo to ready yourself in positive ways toapp roach issues honestly and openly. fourth dimension means that choosing a time that is best for allparties involved, a time in which no one is feeling pressed to move on or pressured in other ways. Location suggests that where you meet is as important as when you meet, it is best to pick a placewhere all parties can feel com... ...esolution. I pitch it extremely helpful incertain areas, I also found that I actually dosome of the go when I am dealing with a conflict. For example, when a conflict occurs I try to discover what happened with past conflicts and avoid repeating the same mistakes over again. Also when we are trying to find a solution I look for a solution that will be both skilful to meand them. I did learn some good ways to organize our thoughts and solutions. I also learned toget to the heart of the conflict and focus on only that, and avoid all side issues.As for my opinion of the author, I think he may be a better direction and doctor than awriter. I found some o f the reading ramify of confusing and complicated, and had to read severalsections over a few measure to totally understand his point. Some of the vocabulary he uses is a numeraltechnical, many words I needed look up to understand Dr. Weeks point. So basically what I amsaying is that I found the reading to be a bit difficult but I really enjoyed the informational aspectof the book and that I learned a fold on how we should work through conflict and come to aresolution that benefits both parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment